SOLAR WATER HEATER
CONSERVE IT sells and installs Solar Water Heaters across the island without a charging you a cent for delivery. We supply active systems which use a pump and a separate water storage tank which is placed in a separate location from the solar collector.
We also sell Thermosiphon Systems which do not require a pump and solar collector is attached to the water storage tank.
Our Solar Water Heaters can last a long time depending on how well they are maintained.
Sizes of our Thermosiphon Solar Water Heaters
We supply and install Thermosiphon Solar Water Heaters in three sizes:
42 Gallon (JA$130,000)
52 Gallon (JA$150,000)
80 Gallon (JA$230,000)
- Electrical Back-up sold separately.
- These prices do not include additional plumbing work that will be required if there is not at least 20 feet (ft.) of hot and cold water plumbing available from where the Solar Water Heater will be installed.
The size that would be best for your household would be recommended when you speak to a representative at our Head Office. This will ensure that you can get to fully enjoy the hot water from your investment in our Solar Water Heaters. This will prevent you from running out of hot water too often if the wrong size is selected.
1. Our Line of Solar Water Heaters can lower the cost of your electricity bill by 20% - 40% depending on your usage.
2. CONSERVE IT has the longest warranty for Solar Water Heaters in the Jamaican market. Unlike our competitors which may offer a maximum warranty of four (4) years on their system, we offer a six (6) year warranty and that warranty can also be extended to twelve (12) with a Maintenance Contract
3. CONSERVE IT’s Solar Water Heaters use a flat – plate, closed – loop system in order to use energy from the sun to heat water even in limited sunlight. It uses thick tempered solar glass panel cover and dark coating on the absorber to enable the solar collector to collect and store more heat than other competing models to heat water even in limited sunlight.
4. The connection lines from the solar collector to the storage tank are mainly integrated into the system in order to make the system more aesthetically pleasing on your roof.
5. These Solar Water Heaters create require less maintenance because it uses a chemical called ‘Gycol’ in the closed loop system instead of the traditional open loop system which would circulate the water to be heated through the solar collector. This would allow CONSERVE IT’s Solar Water Heater to be serviced once a year since build-up would only be accumulated in the water tank after the water is heated.
The direct or indirect sunlight heats up the thick tempered solar glass panel cover on the solar collector (or the Flat-plate Collector) which contains the absorber piping wrapped with a dark coating on it that is used to circulate the Gycol throughout the solar collector as it heats up. Then the hot Gycol is circulated to a pipe that is connected to the water tank and goes into the Heat Exchanger. While it is in the Heat Exchanger, it circulates around a separate stainless steel tank which contains the water in order to heat it up inside the large storage tank.
We understand that customers may have concerns as to why the Solar Water heater has to be positioned a certain way on their house and or if they will get a leak after the installation is completed. These are valid concerns and here is some information about how a Solar Water Heater is installed in order to give you the highest level of performance
It is installed South facing east
In order for the Solar Water Heater to provide you with consistent hot water during the day then it needs to be install in a Southern direction and facing east as much possible. This is to ensure that you get the maximum amount of sunlight hitting the glass of the collector during the ‘peak sun hours’. Jamaica is located in the Western Hemisphere at roughly 18 degrees on the lines on longitude as shown in Figure 3. This means that the center of the sun hit a surface the most in Jamaica on the section that is closer to South. With that being said, your Solar Water Heater would receive the most sunlight when it is first placed in a Southern direction at an 18-degree angle
It would then need to be facing as far East as possible since the sun raises in the east and sets in the west. The sun shines directly above a location at 12 noon which results in the ‘peak sun hours’ (i.e. the period of time in which the sun is at its hottest) being between 10 am – 2 pm.
Hence, the Solar Water Heater would need to be positioned South and facing East so that it gets the maximum amount of sunlight during the peak sunlight hours in order to allow you to get the maximum amount of hot water during the course of the day.
Solar Power Solutions (or Photovoltaic)
CONSERVE IT sells and installs complete Solar Power solutions for residential and commercial use.
CONSERVE IT offers two (2) types of Solar Power Systems, namely, Off – Grid and Grid – Tie Systems.
The Off-Grid System uses batteries to store the electricity created when the energy from the sun is converted in the Solar Panel System. The batteries enable the energy from the system to be used at nights and or periods of no or very low sunlight. The Off-Grid System is typically used by Residential users to power all of the appliances in their homes.
Grid – Tie System
The Grid – Tie System generates the electricity that has to either be consumed or sold back to JPS when energy from the sun is converted in the Solar Panel System since it does not use batteries. Therefore, Grid – Tie System can only produce electricity that can be used in the day. The Grid – Tie System is typically used by Commercial users to power their appliances and machinery in their offices, since they would be open when there is sunlight.
A Renewable Energy Engineer would speak to the customer in order to get an idea of what the customer’s electricity needs are based on how much electricity they consume and the amount of space that they have available to set up the system. Like Solar Water Heaters, the Solar Panels in the Solar Power Systems are typically positioned South and facing East as much as possible based on how the building is positioned.
Inverter AC Units
According to Inventor (2017) “an Inverter is used to control the speed of the compressor motor, so as to continuously regulate the temperature. The DC Inverter units have a variable-frequency drive that comprises an adjustable electrical inverter to control the speed of the electromotor, which means the compressor and the cooling / heating output.” In other words, Inverter AC Units use a device called Inverter manage the flow of electricity going to the motor inside the AC Unit. Hence, the name ‘Inverter AC Unit’.
Inverter AC Units vs. Traditional AC Units: What one is more Energy - Efficient?
Inverter AC Units are more efficient than Traditional AC Units because Inverter AC Units use Inverter to control thrust of electricity to the motor inside the Inverter AC Unit. By controlling this thrust of electricity, it ensures that only the required amount of electricity that would be needed to cool the room would be sent to the motor inside the unit. Conversely, Traditional AC Units send the thrust of electricity is sent to the motor to regardless of the temperature of the room.
Sizes of Our GREE Inverter AC Units
CONSERVE IT offers GREE Inverter AC Units in four sizes:
- 12000 BTU
- 18000 BTU
- 24000 BTU
- 36000 BTU
The cost for each system depends on the size of the unit selected, the number of units to be installed, the room (s) that will be involved and if there are any existing units to be removed.
Solar Pool Heating
Solar pool heaters heat your pool water to a greater extent than the natural sunlight would and efficiently extending your swim season. We supply and install the entire pool heating system.
CONSERVE IT’s Solar Pool Heating Systems have three parts:
- Pump and
A pump, usually your existing pool pump, pushes water through a filter to strain leaves and debris. Water is then pumped into the solar panel mounted on your roof, fence, or any other location with good sun exposure (South and facing as East as possible). The water is substantially heated as it moves through the panel and it flows back into your pool, warming the water. It does not require a storage tank since your pool provides all the storage required.
Wind Power Solutions
Wind Power solution generate energy from the wind. CONSERVE IT arranges the entire process from the inspection to the supply of the materials to the installation of the plant.
Types of Wind Power solutions
There are two types of Wind Power solutions:
• Battery - charging system where the electricity that is generated is stored in batteries for use in periods were there is little or no wind.
• Grid-Tie system where the electricity can only be provided where there is wind and the excess electricity is sent to the JPS grid or taken from the grid if there is no wind.
The major benefits of Wind Power are:
• Wind energy is a clean fuel source since it does not pollute the air like power plants that rely on combustion of fossil fuels, such as coal or natural gas.
• Wind power does not use water, unlike conventional electricity sources.
• Wind is a domestic source of energy. Especially in windy areas, there is adequate supply of wind to generate energy
• Wind power is inexhaustible. Wind is actually a form of solar energy. Winds are caused by the heating of the atmosphere by the sun, the rotation of the Earth, and the Earth's surface irregularities. For as long as the sun shines and the wind blows, the energy produced can be used to generate electricity.
Inverter Pool Pumps
It uses sensors to adjust its speed cycle of the motor to only what is needed to circulate the water around the pool. The speed cycle can be adjusted automatically or manually.
Like other inverter products, the major benefit of an Inverter Pool Pump is that it will lower your electricity bill by lowering your energy consumption. On average, an Inverter Pool Pump can lower the cost of your electricity bill by approximately 60% per month depending on your usage.
Solar Power Street Lighting
Solar Power Street Lighting is often used to provide additional outdoor lighting within a home, business, farm, or other entity. Solar street lights are raised outdoor light sources, which are powered by solar panels. These panels are mounted on the lighting structure or connected in the pole.
The advantages of Solar Power Street Lighting are as follows:
• Energy independence since these are wireless lights and are not connected to your electricity provider
• Lower the cost of consuming electricity for outdoor lighting • Require less maintenance than conventional street lights.
• These have lower chances of overheating.
• Reduce the risk of accidents (for example, electrocution) since these are wireless lights and are not connected to your electricity provider
• Environment-friendly because its panels are solely dependent to the sun hence eliminating your carbon footprints contribution.
• Some parts of solar street lighting systems will be placed in remote areas making these more efficient and handy solutions to lighting problems.
At CONSERVE IT, we service all of the products that we provide. Whether it is a solar water heater, solar power, wind power, or an inverter AC unit, it is important that you service these products regularly to ensure that they will be able to function effectively and last as long as possible.
|Product||How Often Should It Be Serviced?||Cost|
|Solar Water Heater||At least once a year||JA$14,500 or JA$29,000|
|Solar Power||At least once every 3 months||It depends on your service contract|
|Inverter AC Unit||At least once a year||It starts at JA$7,000|
|Wind Power||At least once a year||It depends on your service contract|
|Solar Pool Heating||Once a year||It depends on your service contract|
|Solar Power Street Lighting||It depends on the type of battery||It depends on your service contract|
|Inverter Pool Pump||Once every 1 – 2 years||It depends on your service contract|